Parking Near Verdier House
Get a glimpse into Beaufort’s past with a visit to the John Mark Verdier House Museum, the only planter’s house that is open to the public. The antebellum-style home was built in the early 1800s by John Mark Verdier, a successful merchant and planter, and was once considered a focal point of the town.
The house is now owned and managed by the Historic Beaufort Foundation, and features a museum that is open to the public. Visitors to the museum can find photographs and collectibles from the past, special exhibits, and a scale model diorama of 1863 Bay Street.